Episode 11/12
Rob & Kimberly in first place
Dustin & Kandice Eliminated

Rob & Kimberly:
(Team Number 1)

Lyn & Karlyn:
(Team Number 2)

Tyler & James:
(Team Number 3)



Team Number One
Which team do YOU think is going to win The Amazing Race?

Lyn & Karlyn
Rob & Kimberly
Tyler & James


  • Tyler & James 54%
  • Dustin & Kandice 25%
  • Lyn & Karlyn 17%
  • Rob & Kimberly 4%

Who has been Philiminated?

Dustin & Kandice:


Erwin & Godwin:
Oh my Godwin! Can these two ever make a decision? Now, I really like these two as people... super sweet and always thinking of others before themselves. But there was no way they were ever going to win this race. They wouldn't take the risks, and could not aggresively pursue anything. But they ran a good race, and got more out of it than any of the other teams. So even without the big check, they're walking away feeling like they were still awarded a big prize.

David & Mary:
So the Kentuckies are out of it. You know, you only get so many second chances... and these guys got two. They just didn't have enough to get out of the basement though, so it's time for them to head home. They'll have stories to share forever though. I'd be really interested in how small their world will seem to them when they head back to their hometown. You just can't look at things the same after an adventure like this, and I bet these guys won't go back and plug right back into the life they left before this all started.

Peter & Sarah:
Hurray!! Stupid Peter is going home... and his arrogant attitude can carry the blame for their early departure. Sarah deserved better, but at least she realized what an ass this guy is, and will have no problem moving on without him when they get home. To the very end, Peter shuffled all the difficult and challenging things off to Sarah, and then did nothing but talk down to her everytime things didn't go their way. Although I'll have a lot less to talk about now that he won't be in any future episodes, I'm relieved that we don't have to fear what a million dollar check would do to Peter's already oversized ego.

Tom & Terry:
I was actually really hoping this would be a non-elimination leg after seeing Tom get in the ocean and drag their boat behind him just to finish. Come on, Phil! That deserves another try… right? Oh well… our energetic Tom & Jerry are out of it, and sadly things will be considerably duller now. Too bad they couldn’t have stayed around to continue to infuse some fun and energy into the remaining field of bickering, irritating, and oh-so-serious teams.

Duke & Lauren:
I'm so sorry to see these two go home... they were my personal sentimental favorites. But my gosh, you can only come back from so many mistakes... and tonight they were full of them. Being lost, broke, and taken advantage of by opportunistic locals was all just too much... and the combination finally sent them home. On the personal side of things though, I think they mended some fences. So they may not be going home with bigger bank accounts... but hopefully with a much better understanding of each other.

Kellie & Jamie:
Ladies, all the enthusiasm in the world couldn't help you two this time. We'll miss your synchronized clapping and cheering. Well, actually... not that much. But thanks for playing! And NEXT time, when you see a fellow team driving away in the opposite direction, pull over and find a map for goodness sakes!

Vipul & Arti:
Well, never underestimate the impact of a bad motorbike driver. These guys lost a lot of time when their driver took the long way on the way to the challenge (or more accurately, got hopelessly lost), and they just never could make it back up. Too bad! She was so much fun, it would have been entertaining to have them around for a while.

Balil & Sa'eed:
The victims of the first "surprise" of the season. They were mere seconds behind Erwin and Godwin, but it was enough to send them home. We barely got to know them, but sadly for them the race is over.

Phil:









My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California













Top Entertainment Blogs



Powered by Blogger




Sunday, September 17, 2006

We've Got Ourselves a Race!

And the race is on!! I’m so happy, I just love this show. I thought the opening was cool, with all the sea planes flying in formation on their way to land in Puget Sound. And then, the teams appear! Here are my thoughts…

Peter and Sarah, the triathalete team… Dating? Wellll, that’s news, right? That wasn’t disclosed in the pre-show interview, was it? Another new relationship being wrung through The Amazing Race wringer. Although I think these two are going to weather it better than Rob and Kimberly, because they’ve done a lot of traveling and competing together.

Balal and Sa'eed, are going to pull over during the race to pray? You know, I hope they stay true to that. I would be truly impressed if in the midst of chaos, they consciously pulled themselves out of it, and remembered what their personal priorities are. Do I think it will happen…? I guess I’m not sure. We’ll have to keep and eye on these guys.

Rob and Kimberly, I loved during their little interview when he was saying that Kimberly can’t control him, “and she needs to learn that.” Her eyes kind of flicked down and then shot to the side to look at him. Yeah. Kimberly didn’t like that. These two will be fun to watch.

Dustin and Kandice, the wonder twins! You know, I give them a bad time, but they look like a lot of fun. And heck, they can really sprint… they may actually have what they need to stay in this thing! And I need to find out who does their hair… that’s a great shade of blonde. (no, seriously… who does your hair?)

David and Mary… I still think these two are so cute. They fit so well together! I think their little southern drawl will make others underestimate them, but they’re scrappy!

Erwin and Godwin… aww, they dressed alike just like the wonder twins did! But man, the similarities end there, huh? Long flowing hippy hair, and short crew-cut jock hair. They do cover both ends of the spectrum though! That could be handy.

Duke and Lauren just about made me cry. I mean, first you see Lauren’s eyes just deaden when her dad says he’s got “just a teeny bit of disappointment” in his daughter… and then HE breaks down. Man, I didn’t know I was going to have to be scrambling around for a tissue only five minutes in. Okay, I secretly hope these two just kick butt, so they have something to bond them together for the rest of their lives.

Vipul and Arti… she made me laugh, even just coming up the dock. She is Gung HO! She can’t wait to get at this thing! Arti couldn’t even get her to hold his hand. She’s like a spring all wound up and ready to explode. Someone needs to learn how to bottle that energy… she could power a small city!

Kellie and Jamie… oh the guys are going have fun with these two. Not only how they look, but the things they say! “You could put us in a cardboard box, and we’d find a way to have fun?” Trust me, men all over America are picturing these two in a cardboard box together having fun. They’re also all rushing out to reserve doorknob costumes for Halloween.

Tyler and James: the ex-drug addicts / models. Way to turn your life around, boys! The before and after pictures tell quite the story. They gave us a little Zoolander pose, and then a laugh to let us know they don’t take themselves too seriously. I hope not, there’s nothing less fun to watch then guys with egos. Hopefully these two are full of fun, because I think they’ll be around a while.

Lyn and Karlyn. My first question is, who’s watching the kids? Kudos to you two for getting out and seeing the world, but I always wonder who they get to watch the little ones when they’re not even allowed to tell anyone where they’re going. Hmmm… something to ask when the race is over.

And finally, Tom and Terry. When I saw them hop out of the plane, I couldn’t believe it! I knew they were trying to be very diversified this season, but I had no idea they had found a couple leprechauns to participate in the race! How tall are these guys… 4’2”? Will they even be able to reach the pedals on the rent-a-cars?? But they’re feisty; I’ll give them that. Kind of like those mean little yappy dogs that look cute from a distance, but clamp on to your leg with a growl and won’t ever let go.

Comments on "We've Got Ourselves a Race!"

 

post a comment

Can't get enough Reality TV?
Check in on how the Survivors are doing at:
Survivor Season 13: Cook Islands


Or check in on what the Bachelorettes are up to at:
The Bachelor: Rome